Rindge Town Clerk

Posted Dec 18, 2020

Probably the first concern of new residents is their automobiles. If you are coming from another state and your vehicles are 2000 or newer models, we need to convert your out of state title to a NH Title. We will need the original title OR current registration if you have a loan on the vehicle. You will need to fill out an address change form and bring in proof of residence such as a utility bill or rental agreement, etc. We cannot accept P.O. Boxes as proof of residency.

~If you are coming from another town in NH, you will still need to bring  proof of residency and your prior registration before we can renew or transfer your registration. If someone else other than the owner of the vehicle comes in to register, they must have the prior registration and written permission from the owner of vehicle to perform that transaction along with a piece of mail showing the physical address in Rindge. The Right to Privacy Law prevents any person who is not on a registration to receive any information.~

As of January 1, 2015 motor vehicles year 2000 and newer need titles,  a vehicle that is 1999 or older, a person must present to the clerk at the time of registering either a previously issued New Hampshire certificate of registration or copy thereof (temporary registrations do not meet the requirements of previously issued), a valid title (NH or out of state) or a vehicle identification verification form (VIN Verification)  completed by an authorized agent named on the form (these forms may be obtained at the Town Clerks Office or from the police department) and a bill of sale. Vehicles 2000 and newer need a title and a bill of sale.

Most passenger vehicles can be completed at the town level, heavier vehicles, over 26,000 lbs. have to be completed at a State DMV Office.

After you have established your residency and registered your car, it is time to transfer your out of state license to a NH license at the nearest DMV. You have 60 days from the date of registering your cars to get this done.  Keene 15 Ash Brook Court, Keene, NH 03431 and Milford 4 Meadowbrook Drive, Milford NH 03055 both do licensing on Mon - Friday; the fee for the license is $50.00 and both are open 8:00am to 4:30pm.(Call ahead during pandemic times) When transferring your license you will need proof of residency; your N.H. vehicle registration is acceptable proof, also you will need your birth certificate and one of the following: Passport, Baptismal Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Social Security Card or Military I.D.

Payments may be made by cash, check, Master Card, Visa, Discover & American Express (2.75% convenience fee is added to the total for credit or debit transactions).

Town of Rindge, NH

30 Payson Hill Rd | Rindge, NH 03461

(603) 899-5181