Town of Rindge, NH

Town Clerk

Town Clerk

Rindge Town Clerk's Office
30 Payson Hill Rd
Rindge, NH 03461
Hours: Monday - Thursday 9:00-1:00 and 2:00-4:00
2nd & 4th Thursday 9:00-1:00 and 2:00-6:30 Friday 9:00-1:00
Hours are subject to change due to weather, workshops, etc.
Ph: (603) 899-5181 x107
Fax:(603) 899-2108

Probably the first concern of new residents is their automobiles, if you are coming from another state and your vehicles are 2000 or newer models, we need to convert your out of state title to a NH Title. Without the original title we cannot register the vehicle.

As of January 1, 2015 motor vehicles year 2000 and newer need titles,  a vehicle that is 1999 or older, a person must present to the clerk at the time of registering either a previously issued New Hampshire certificate of registration or copy thereof (temporary registrations do not meet the requirements of previously issued), a valid title or copy of (NH or out of state) or a vehicle identification verification form completed by an authorized agent named on the form (these forms may be obtained at the Town Clerks Office) and a bill of sale. Vehicles 2000 and newer need a title and a bill of sale.

Most passenger vehicles can be completed at the town level, heavier vehicles, over 26,000 lbs. have to be completed at a State DMV Office. Other documents needed are proof of residency; a piece of mail with your street address or a rental agreement within the last 30 days are acceptable. We cannot accept P.O.Boxes as proof of residency.

After you have established your residency and registered your car, it is time to transfer your out of state license to a NH license at the nearest DMV. Keene and Milford both do licensing on Mon - Friday; the fee for the license is $50.00 and both are open 8:30am to 4:30pm. When transferring your license you will need proof of residency; your N.H. vehicle registration is acceptable proof, also you will need your birth certificate and one of the following: Passport, Baptismal Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Social Security Card or Military I.D.

~If you are coming from another town in NH, you will still need to bring  proof of residency and your prior registration before we can renew or transfer your registration. If someone else other than the owner of the vehicle comes in to register, they must have the prior registration and written permission from the owner of vehicle to perform that transaction along with a piece of mail showing the physical address in Rindge. The Right to Privacy Law prevents any person who is not on a registration to receive any information.~

Payments may be made by cash, check, Master Card, Visa, Discover & American Express (2.75% convenience fee is added to the total for credit or debit transactions).

The next item most people ask about is, "What do I do about my dog?" All dogs from the time they get their first rabies shot as puppies, must be licensed. Fees are: $9.00 not altered, $6.50 altered & $6.50 for puppies under 7 months old, first dog owned by a senior citizen (65+) $2.00 and $20.00 Group license (5+ dogs). Please bring documentation from your veterinarian showing rabies inoculation with rabies tag number and the expiration; also if the dog has been neutered or spayed, bring that documentation. Without these papers we cannot license the dog. If during the move you lost these documents, I will accept a fax or email from the veterinarians' office directly to my office; fax is 603-899-2108, email: Though cats must have a current rabies shot, we do not license them. Also the leash law is in affect (RSA 466:13-a); no dog shall be allowed to roam freely from their yard, each time dog is found roaming the dog officer may charge $25.00 per incident per dog. Every year the dog license must be renewed by APRIL 30th. Please check your rabies expiration in March to make sure it is current, I cannot renew the license if shot has expired.


These include Marriage, Divorce, Birth and Death records. Anyone wishing to get a copy of a record and this includes genealogy searches, must pay a $15.00 search fee for each record whether it is found at this office or not. Birth records after 1900 are not open to public. You must prove you are a direct relation. Marriage & Death records are not open to public after 1936 without the same proof. Marriage License filing fee is $50.00. You must provide original documents of birth from your city or town where born and if widowed or divorced, those documents which have been filed and have a docket date and signature of the filing clerk.  Also you must provide a picture ID such as a driver's license. Since a marriage filing takes about 30 minutes, we ask couples not show up less than half hour to closing. See hours above. Payments may be made by cash, check, Master Card, Visa, Discover & American Express (2.75% convenience fee is added to the total for credit or debit transactions).

Town of Rindge, NH

30 Payson Hill Rd | Rindge, NH 03461

(603) 899-5181