Town of Rindge, NH

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I apply to camp on conservation lands?

Rindge Conservation Commission

Application to Camp on Conservation Lands

This is an application to camp on conservation lands of the Rindge Conservation lands.  Camping applications are for overnight, short-term camping in the conservation areas listed below.  Please check the area you would like to use. 

Campfires are permitted only in already existing campfire circles.  Permits for cooking and campfires are required and must be obtained beforehand from the Rindge Fire Department.

Campers are required to keep the campsite clean and to take all trash with them when leaving.­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­

Date of Application _________________________________________

Camping requested for:

_______ Converse Meadows

_______ Tetreault Park

_______ Town Forest

Camping Dates ____________________________________  Number  of campers in group? __________

Name (Please print.) ____________________________________________

If a Organization (e.g. Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, etc.) List Name of Group:


Leader of Camping Group (Please print.)_____________________________________________

Street Address ________________________________________________________________

Town ______________________________________  State _________  Zip code ___________

Home Phone _________________________________  Cell Phone __________________________

I understand the conditions of camping and agree to them.

Signed by Camping Leader

Approval of Conservation Commission

What is the Rindge Conservation Corps?

Rindge Conservation Corps

August 2017

The Rindge Conservation Corps is a group of active volunteers that assists the Conservation Commission with its responsibility of maintaining and preserving Rindge’s natural resources.  The Conservation Corps is composed of residents, non-residents and students who want to enhance the quality of life in Rindge by focusing on development and/or improvements to conservation areas, hiking trails and other environmental protection or educational activity.

Working with and under the direction of the Conservation Commission the Conservation Corps will help improve Town Conservation areas.  Each member or alternate Commission member will oversee the work/enhancement to a specific conservation area and work with Conservation Corps members.  Corps members may serve to enhance a specific conservation area or for conservation lands in general and are encouraged to recruit others to assist with their conservation area (i.e. Tetreault Park, Converse Meadows).  Groups of Corps members may also be formed to focus on a specific area. 

Corps members who focus on a specific area will make recommendations for improvements to that area and will assist in carrying them out with the approval of the Conservation Commission.  Each year the Commission will collect recommendations for improvements from Corps members and will then prioritize work for the year based on funding and resources.

Some of the responsibilities of the Corps will be the following (in concert and with the approval of the Commission):

  • Improvements to conservation areas (i.e. building bridges, removal of brush, etc.)
  • Hiking, snowshoe or cross-country ski trails, marking trails and trail openings.
  • Run outdoor educational programs such as trail events
  • Run indoor educational programs featuring speakers or films of environmental protection
  • Assist the Commission in town-wide programs
  • Assist the Commission with improvements to conservation areas
  • Assist with fund raising activities as needed
  • Walking trails in a specific conservation area on a regular basis and reporting to the Commission area on conditions.
  • Assist partner organizations (i.e. Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests, Monadnock Conservancy) with joint efforts to improve Rindge’s natural resources

To volunteer, a person simply applies to the Rindge Conservation Commission using the form on the backside (forms will be available at the Town Office or on the Town’s Conservation Commission FAQ web page ).  Their name will be added to an email list for communication purposes. The Commission’s Secretary will maintain lists of Corps members and will email them as appropriate.  Corps members are welcome to attend Commission meetings.   To


The Corps may be broken into groups that work on particular Town Conservation areas such as Tetreault Park, Converse Meadow or any of the other areas.  

How do I join the Rindge Conservation Corps?

Request to Join the Rindge Conservation Corps

Of the

Rindge NH Conservation Commission


I would like to join the Rindge Conservation Corps. 

Date: _________________________________

Name (please print) ___________________________________________________________

Street Address________________________________________________________________

Town____________________________________  State ____________________ Zip Code _________

Home Phone ____________________________      Cell Phone _______________________________

Email Address __________________________________________________

I would like to be part of a team that works to improve the following conservation areas (check interested areas):

_______ Contoocook Marsh Conservation Complex, including Rogers’ Landing

_______ Converse Meadows

_______ Merriam Hunt Forest

_______ Tetreault Park

_______ Town Forest

_______ Sandback Wilderness

_______ All conservation areas

Text Box: Please list any personal conservation interests:
Text Box: Please list any skills you have that may be helpful to the Conservation Corps:

Please leave the completed form at the Town Office’s Conservation Commission mailbox or

You may email the completed form to the Commission at


What are the links to the Rindge Conservation land trail maps?

Trail FINDER Links to Maps of Rindge Conservation Land Trails


Listed below are the direct links to Trail Finder links to trail maps of conservation land.

To use, please your cursor on top of one of the trails and hold the CTRL key and click.  At each site you will find additional information about the trail.

Well Water Testing

Rindge Conservation Commission

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Rindge Well Water Testing

Following the well water testing presentation at the Rindge Community Center on March 26, the Conservation Commission has developed responses to the following frequently asked questions which we hope helps you with your testing questions.

Why should I test my well water?

Understanding the specific of what is in your well water is important to your health.  Without a test, a resident will not know what effects the water’s content might be affecting their long-term health.  Just because you have been drinking your well water for years without noticing any ill effects, is no guarantee that there are no long term impacts to health.

If I had my well water tested in the last two years should I test again? 

If you had a test in the last few years, you should have a decent benchmark for the contents of your home water supply although regular testing is important for your family’s continued health and safety.

What kinds of tests are available and how much does each test cost?

  • Standard Analysis – recommended if you observe any of the following: staining of sinks, tubs or laundry; scaling or chalking residue on hot water pipes; salty or metallic taste.  This test includes:  Total Coliform Bacteria and E. coli Bacteria, Nitrate, Nitrite, Chloride, pH, Hardness, Fluoride, Iron, Manganese, Sodium, Arsenic, Lead, Copper and Uranium. ($85.00)
  • Basic Analysis (BCN) – recommended as a periodic check if acute health related parameters after a Standard Analysis has been completed.  This test includes: Total Coliform Bacteria and E. coli Bacteria, Nitrate, Nitrite and Chloride.  ($30.00)
  • Drinking Water Bacteria – should be chosen as a follow-up to the Standard Analysis or BCN after following the recommended disinfectant procedure for your well if bacteria were detected in your first test.  This test includes: Total Coliform Bacteria and E. coli Bacteria. ($15.00) 
  • Radiological Analysis – Bedrock geology in Rindge contains naturally occurring radioactive elements such as uranium, radium, thorium, and plutonium as well as radon, a gas produced by the breakdown of radium.  Bedrock (Artesian) wells have more potential for encountering any or all of these elements than dug wells. ($80.00).  Radon alone ($20.00)
  • Volatile Organic Chemicals – recommended if you suspect contamination by industrial solvents or petroleum products. ($120.00)
  • Other Analyses – available to meet specific needs.  Call NH State Lab at 603-271-3445 to discuss your water problem.

Who will test my well water sample(s)?

The Conservation Commission is working with the NH Department of Environmental Services for well water testing.


How can I sign up for the well water testing?

Forms to sign-up for well water testing through the Conservation Commission are available under Files and Documents at the Commission’s section of the Town’s website (see Boards/Commissions) ( .  The forms are also available at the Town Office.




Which test(s) should I order?

It is best for residents to determine for themselves which test is best suited for their locale and situation based on past, current and future activity near to their home or business.

When will test kits be delivered?

Once all submittal forms have been collected and totaled, the Conservation Commission will order the number of test kits needed.

When and where should I deliver my well water test sample(s)?

The Conservation Commission will inform each person who completes a Submittal form when and where water samples should be delivered.

How long will it take to receive the report on my well water?

It depends on how many tests are submitted to DES and the type of test involved.

How much do the tests cost?

The charge for each test is listed above but because these tests are so important to the health of the residents of Rindge, the Conservation Commission will fund $15.00 for the Arsenic test in active Rindge wells and $30.00 of additional funding for any more extensive tests that individuals might select through the NH State Lab.  This funding is for only one, active well on a Rindge resident’s property.

Who else receives the results of my well water test?

The results of the test(s) are sent only to the resident ordering the test.  The Conservation Commission will not receive individual test results.  The Conservation Commission however, will receive aggregated data from the NH State Lab that will inform it of the characteristics of well water in Rindge.

What do I do with the results?

The Conservation Commission recommends that each resident retain its lab results to compare with any future tests that might be needed for the same well.  Each test will provide a resident with baseline well water data as it currently exists to compare with a future test in, for example, 2018 or 2019 should a problem be detected at that time.

If I the test show water problems, what should I do?

If a test shows that there might be a problem, the NH State Lab will provide the homeowner information on steps to remedy the situation.  The NH State Lab and the Conservation Commission recommends that the resident contact a water specialist or work with NH DES to remedy the problem. 

Where can I obtain additional information?

More extensive information is available on the NH DES website ( – select “Private Well Testing” from the A-Z list for.” 

Details about collection dates in Rindge will be forthcoming pending tabulation of returned forms; watch for postings in the Town Office, Town Library and U.S. Post Office.  In particular, watch for information at the Conservation Commission’s section of the Town’s website under Files and Documents (( .  

Town of Rindge, NH

30 Payson Hill Rd | Rindge, NH 03461

(603) 899-5181